måndag 5 december 2011

Finals week in Shreveport

It's been a while since I updated my blogg. Tonight I suddenly felt the urge to write again, so I decided that there was no better time than the present to get to work. I'm currently on a study break. I've spent the past three days locked up in my room together with my psychology and biology books. I need to do well on these exams, so for once I decided to put some effort into studying. Between reading about studies on bullies, leadership and aggression, I procrastinate (the usual facebook creeping) and occasionally engage in eating. Yesterday my roomies were watching an American football game on tv, so I found the perfect combination of old-fashioned Christmas music and biology notes and BAM the noises were blocked out.

It is interesting how different study routines people have. Some of us have to listen to loud music while reading about quant physics, while others have to sit in complete silence to be able to focus. I, on the other hand, prefer silence, but I can listen to music in worst cases. The music has to be the kind that doesn't make me want to dance and sing along to it (note: no Disney or Lady Gaga!). The old-fashioned Christmas music worked well here.

A short update on what has happened since I last wrote here; I went back home to Finland for the summer. There I spent most of the time working, playing soccer, and I also had a surgery where my toncills were taken out. It was such a relief to finally get rid of them! No more angina for me! The doctor said that I couldn't have taken them out at a better time. I will spare you of the nasty and graphic details, but apparently, it was very hard to get them out since they were in such a bad condition.

This past fall I've been living in the city of Shreveport in the state of Louisiana. (The only state that begins with the letter L! haha! Just a small detail I like.) I live in an apartment with three other girls, and while I share the bathroom with one other person, I have my bedroom completely for myself - privacy!! Something my last school definitely lacked! We played a pretty good season, I was very satisfied with my own performance, even though I know, that as a team we could have gone further if only we had done certain things better. I'm looking forward to next year though! I scored 6 goals and assisted 3 this season, which put me as the second in our overall points. I got my fair share of playing time, both as a forward and a center-mid, even though I definitely prefer playing forward. Haha, here is my LSUS soccer picture for this year!
Here we are then, preparing for finals. I will have two finals on Wednesday (computers and sociology) and two finals on Thursday (psychology and biology). My flight to Helsinki leaves on Sunday from Dallas. I'm very much looking forward to seeing some snow, so I'll be hoping there will be loads of it when I get back to Finland!! Good night from Shreveport!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar